It Came. It Fell... And It Hasn't Melted (Yet)

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Are you dreaming of a White Christmas?

Just like the ones we used to know? DEFINITELY
50%
Meh.
No votes
I HATE snow. Does that answer your question?
50%
Where I live we never have 'em, so dreaming of them isn't very practical
No votes
I don't dream. I actualize.
No votes

Total votes: 4

Riddick
Pirate

It Came. It Fell... And It Hasn't Melted (Yet)

Post by Riddick » 12-17-2011 11:48 AM

Yep. Looked out the window this morning, and there it was:

Our first measurable snowfall for the '11-'12 season.

Only about an inch, and with temps in the mid-20s and a forecast high around freezing my guess is it's sticking around, at least for the rest of today...

Beyond that, I'm not betting the landscape's blanket of white stays for very long - Just as it is, the extended outlook shows high temps averaging around 38 the next 5 days and ABSOLUTELY NO precip.

The three-day holiday weekend starting Friday's not much different; though temps would be lower the dry conditions should continue.

Years in general as of late, we've had a huge storm in early December, along with snow and colder temps continuing from there, so this situation comes as something of a surprise -

Bottom line, we haven't NOT had a White Christmas in these parts for quite some while.

Now, that doesn't bother me (fact is, snow is one of my favorite things NOT to see), but I know some folks who would be EXTREMELY disappointed if indeed the Yuletide comes and there's no white stuff on the ground.

No greater Snow Emergency for SOME than the likely prospect of NO SNOW at all for Christmas!!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 12-17-2011 01:18 PM

Detroit/Windsor got about 1.25. Down here in mid Ohio it's 32-degrees and the snow is melting on the hard surfaces, but accumulating on the grass.

Personally, a good ol' blizzard is what I would like to have now.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”