From Linnea's Daughter

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

From Linnea's Daughter

Post by Fan » 07-15-2011 09:52 AM

I received this email in response to our mailing inviting people to come visit the forum. I thought this was really nice of her to say and I think it should show us that being true to our roots and keeping the faith is the best tribute and memorial to Linnea. The sender explicitly said I could share the email with you all.
Ahoy Matey! My name is R. S. (edited to take full name out) I am Linnea's daughter. I have not been personally involved with the forum for a very long time, but my mom always kept me in the loop. I am writing to say that I am so pleased to have received this mailing. I am just elated that the forum will continue! I am pleased with all the things you said and I want to say: for the forum to continue and be true to it's roots is the most fitting memorial to my mother that I can imagine. Thank you so much! She devoted much of herself to this fine ship and realized much in return. I have not yet been able to visit the memorial thread for my mom. I plan to do so soon. I hope it is still there. I am looking forward to perhaps being more involved with the FF. My brother told me he sold the forum and I can see that it is indeed in good hands. Sail on me hearties!

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 07-15-2011 01:41 PM

Ah that was wonderful Fan :)

I hope she logs in and says hello sometime,we all loved her mom VERY MUCH!!

Thank you for sharing.....

joan roberts
Pirate

Post by joan roberts » 07-15-2011 01:45 PM

That was so nice to hear and many thanks again to Fan

Im sure from all of us. Anybody hear fom Linea's son?

Thank you so much for the news from Linea's daughter.:)

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-15-2011 02:19 PM

These are the moments when you know you're doing the right thing. Makes the aggravation that has at times occurred worth it, no?

Linnea's words, thoughts, ideas remain present and accessible here at the Fantastic Forum, and while many of Linnea's friends have moved elsewhere, and are in their own way paying tribute to Linnea's idea, keeping the spirit of her forum vibrant under their own banner, some still remain here as well intent upon carrying out a similar mission. I know that I take great comfort in seeing that this website still exists.

You deserve a lot of credit for what you've done Fan. You have taken on an at times thankless task at enormous cost to yourself and preserved something that many of us feel is terribly important. I was admittedly skeptical of your mission in the initial stages of this project, but have been won over by your sensitivity in maintaining as best you can what has made this forum a very special place over the years. Speaking for myself, I am very grateful for all that you have done.

The folks at FF2 also deserve a lot of credit for putting their passion on the line and working to continue the community Linnea had built and nurtured over many years, despite the hurt feelings that have ensued, it is worth remembering that many of the people over at FF2 are those Linnea felt closest to on a personal level.

Frankly, it would be nice...... if for only a moment...... if we could set aside any words of division as regards this forum and others, and instead reflect upon, even marvel upon the idea that Linnea drove. The community she created. An idea so strong that people still cling to it, and find it to be something worth preserving. A sense of community so real, that people will even fight for it, doing their best to preserve it.

Thank you for sharing this letter Fan. Regardless of where each of us may find ourselves standing at the end of the day, it puts in to context the reasons we all feel as strongly as we do about these forums.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-15-2011 03:30 PM

Kaztronic wrote:
Frankly, it would be nice...... if for only a moment...... if we could set aside any words of division as regards this forum and others, and instead reflect upon, even marvel upon the idea that Linnea drove. The community she created. An idea so strong that people still cling to it, and find it to be something worth preserving. A sense of community so real, that people will even fight for it, doing their best to preserve it.

Well said.

Thank you for sharing the letter Fan, & thanks to 'R. S.' for taking the time to write.

As long as the cyber winds blow, this ship will sail.
Last edited by SquidInk on 07-15-2011 03:35 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 07-15-2011 04:56 PM

Always felt it was the right thing and this confirms it.

Your mom meant many things to many people. This just adds more wind to the sails R.S.

Thanks for the inspiration and don't be a stranger.:cool:
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 07-15-2011 08:39 PM

Not my party. Sorry to have intruded.
Last edited by Live365 on 07-15-2011 08:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-15-2011 09:02 PM

Thanks for posting this Fan- didn't see it till now and am glad I backtracked to it.
And LRS, sorry you feel like this isn't your party..you are more than welcome to party here anytime. We can talk NWO with Kaz, even. ;)
Great seeing you and please don't be a stranger.

thelastmrsshram
Pirate

Belated Condolences

Post by thelastmrsshram » 07-15-2011 09:45 PM

Received a mailing and just found out about Linnea's passing. She was a great friend and offered much support when I was mourning my husband's death. My condolences to her family. Linnea - see you on the other side! Much love, Kathryn
"the more I learn, the less I know"

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 07-15-2011 10:04 PM

Live365 wrote: *

Hi Live.:wave:

Do you have a email addy?
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-15-2011 10:26 PM

Live365 wrote: *

Hey Live365,

It's always been your party, and it will always be your party. I mean come on, you telling me you've never gone to two parties in one night? ;)

It's good to see you again :)
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 07-15-2011 10:46 PM

Kaztronic wrote: Hey Live365,

It's always been your party, and it will always be your party. I mean come on, you telling me you've never gone to two parties in one night? ;)

It's good to see you again :)

We believe in the two party system!
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 07-15-2011 11:30 PM

Guys, the part I edited out was my outrage at the comments toward the FF2. A Forum started with the most noble of intentions, by Pirates who stood by this Ship long after YOU departed. In many cases, of yer own volition. Yes, I said it.

If there is a way that we could merge, I would so love that. Up to you. And Them.

P.S. to Ben Slain. Please contact Fan for E-mails. I never fergot you....... Same for Dale. Kaz, should it behoove him, just needs to look.
Last edited by Live365 on 07-15-2011 11:37 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Sinner
Pirate

Post by Sinner » 07-16-2011 12:59 AM

What is the FF2??
-Sinner

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-16-2011 09:49 AM

Live365 wrote: Guys, the part I edited out was my outrage at the comments toward the FF2. A Forum started with the most noble of intentions, by Pirates who stood by this Ship long after YOU departed. In many cases, of yer own volition. Yes, I said it.

If there is a way that we could merge, I would so love that. Up to you. And Them.

P.S. to Ben Slain. Please contact Fan for E-mails. I never fergot you....... Same for Dale. Kaz, should it behoove him, just needs to look.

Thanks for dropping in Live!

Everyone is welcome here, hope to see more of you. I don't see the need for outrage since we all like each other as far as I can tell. Let's try hanging out more and see if that helps.

The note I posted was inspirational to me, I hope you enjoyed it as well.

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”