Moderator: Super Moderators

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 06-11-2011 02:53 PM

They put flouride in our water!

cns
Pirate

Post by cns » 06-11-2011 03:19 PM

Get filters and fight to have them stop putting it in the water!
Just two things that money can't buy. . .'n that's true love and home grown tomatoes. . . . . . John Denver (?)

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 06-11-2011 03:33 PM

There are several filter systems that claim to eliminate fluoride as well as other contaminants from our water supply, but I have a good friend who has worked in a lab for more than 25 years, and he honestly believes - based on the studies conducted by his teams - that these filters, regardless of how much we pay for them, are incapable of removing all the fluoride. They also cannot remove all the medication residues that are flushed and poured down our sinks, even after the water goes through decontamination at the water plants and then returned to us as tap water. His lab is still, after many years, attempting to find a kind of filter strong enough to further deplete these left-over contaminants, but as of January when I spoke with his last, he said they may never be able to completely eradicate fluoride and the medications from our drinking water.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-11-2011 03:41 PM

I really like what this forum has turned into. Although I am new, but have lurked for years. I will be much more ready to jump in and try to take part. Voguy your post was so true. I am so greatful to you all here, for your having put a lot of fun into this Fantastic place. Fun is very important!

Doka

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 06-11-2011 04:03 PM

Okay, Doka! :D

For Fan, fun is foremost at the Fantastic Forum! :hugesmile
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-11-2011 07:50 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: The 'net is getting less anonymous. Logins are being consolidated and combined into one by facebook and google and new facial recognition apps help tie up more loose ends.
Yes and i dont goto any of those stupid sites!! (And if im on one that suddenly forces merging accounts,ill leave immediatly)

I value my privacy and dont like whats going on ONE BIT!!

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 06-11-2011 08:27 PM

When you watch something on YouTube or at some link sent to you by a friend, and it's got a "like" (thumbs up figure), DON'T click it!!!! That automatically logs your e-mail address, and re-distributes it.

Also, even if you have strict privacy settings on facebook, DON'T do it there, either, when it's in the right-hand column where ads and other types of things you can watch are placed; otherwise, it will go out to everyone on facebook - not just your own group of friends. I made the mistake of watching a video about a moose who had been moved from one state to another to save it, when the sanctuary it was originally raised in was sold and redeveloped... a guy started hounding me on facebook, talking about how all animals are meant to be eaten, and that I'm just a die-hard ol' grouchy b*tch who probably has a yard full of chickens, cats, and dogs, and I ought to be shot and eaten, too. He said he could find me and come check out my yard... which is considered a threat. I had to file a police report, but it finally got him banned from facebook and out of my life.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

cns
Pirate

Post by cns » 06-11-2011 09:23 PM

Bobbi Snow wrote: . . .but I have a good friend who has worked in a lab for more than 25 years, and he honestly believes - based on the studies conducted by his teams - that these filters, regardless of how much we pay for them, are incapable of removing all the fluoride. They also cannot remove all the medication residues that are flushed and poured down our sinks, even after the water goes through decontamination at the water plants and then returned to us as tap water. His lab is still, after many years, attempting to find a kind of filter strong enough to further deplete these left-over contaminants, but as of January when I spoke with his last, he said they may never be able to completely eradicate fluoride and the medications from our drinking water.
Bobbi, your friend is quite correct. Though I have no lab, or friends in labs, I have looked into almost every type of filter available. Still removing 60% of the fluoride, the chlorine and everything else possible is a move in the right direction. And it does make a difference in your health. While you're working at improving your personal drinking water to the best of your ability, you can take your municipal water people to task and try to get them to stop adding the fluoride.
If you are on a well I suppose you don't have to worry about most of this sort of thing. Unfortunately I have been moved into an area where I am on municipal water. I have a filter on my faucet that removes a lot of the fluoride, not all of it. It also removes other things, but since I can't afford to have my water tested I have no idea how much of the medications get filtered out. I have filters on the showers as well to remove chlorine, but I don't think they remove fluoride. I am just doing the best I can. I have joined the group campaigning to get our city to stop fluoridating the water.
I am beginning to think that if you live in town the only way to get half-way decent water is to get it out of the atmosphere-dehumidifiers-but even then I am not sure just how pure the water would be.
All I'm saying is a person has to start somewhere.
Just two things that money can't buy. . .'n that's true love and home grown tomatoes. . . . . . John Denver (?)

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 06-11-2011 11:38 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: And fun..don't leave that out.

Between the tracks one leaves online, your phone, your car's built-in computer..that leaves, what, that isn't broached by a gawking govt policing program?

I think I can still crap undetected..
..but they are monitoring my water usage, so..?Image

Well I know when I was growing up in Windsor and my uncle Danny was a cop in Detroit, he never paid a water bill. He paid a sewage bill based on what was wasted, so break out the buckets.....:D

As to the water, people go from Ottawa to Vancouver and get sick from the water because it is so over fluoridated and chlorinated here that peoples immune systems aren't doing what they should.
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 06-11-2011 11:39 PM

cherry wrote: They put flouride in our water!

Because the EPA said it was too toxic to put in the air.....;)
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-12-2011 07:45 AM

megman wrote: Well I know when I was growing up in Windsor and my uncle Danny was a cop in Detroit, he never paid a water bill. He paid a sewage bill based on what was wasted, so break out the buckets.....:D

That's because the intake for Detroit water, and the operation at that time was so efficient and cheap, it cost them more to bill for it than to just account for treatment. A few Ohio towns on Lake Erie were the same, till they figured out they could make money on the elite and golf course people who used a lot of water.

I think they have changed that now since Wayne County doesn't have the tax base it once had.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-12-2011 05:22 PM

Bobbi Snow wrote: When you watch something on YouTube or at some link sent to you by a friend, and it's got a "like" (thumbs up figure), DON'T click it!!!! That automatically logs your e-mail address, and re-distributes it.
That doesnt matter as I wouldnt ever click that stupid like icon and i always view YT as a guest :)

Sinner
Pirate

Post by Sinner » 06-13-2011 12:59 PM

I know many consider fluoride to be an evil substance, But we town kids always had and still do, better teeth than the rural kids. I have lived in the same small town all my life and I have great teeth. Mark who now lives a few blocks away from me who was a farmboy hardly has any.
I am just saying from my observations.
-Sinner

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 06-13-2011 01:03 PM

Fluoride is a derivative of Fluoridine which is a waste by-product of aluminum smelting.

Makes my skin crawl even thinking about what else they are putting in the water....:eek:
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 06-13-2011 01:13 PM

megman wrote: Fluoride is a derivative of Fluoridine which is a waste by-product of aluminum smelting.

Makes my skin crawl even thinking about what else they are putting in the water....:eek:

I may have posted this elsewhere, but it is CRAZY http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... rates.html

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”