How did the fighting get out of control

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

How did the fighting get out of control

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 10-10-2003 10:04 AM

How did the fighting get out of control? That's the $1,000,000 question of the day.
What's the point of fighting over whether or not George is a good host? Our opinions aren't going to change one thing other than our feelings towards each-other. George honestly isn't that bad and I'm not kissing his ass now!!!! We have Art on weekends, what more could we ask for right now. Any Art is better than no Art at all!!!!! Mars is the God Of War and it's close so no wonder everyone's fighting in here. Let's make this a happy/fun-loving forum again. Yay or Nay?
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

Black Tassel
Pirate

Post by Black Tassel » 10-10-2003 11:56 AM

Yay for sure DesertOfTheSea.... remember when Art would remark that "everybody thinks they're a program director"?

I don't envy George's support team, nor George. Sure isn't an easy job. All I wish for that all concerned are safe.

Luv
Brenda

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 10-10-2003 12:26 PM

I was going to post extensively on this topic, but the more that I wrote, the more evil what I wrote appeared to me. I would like to believe that I am a good person who has done some very fine things in my life, but Mark Twain was quite right when he said that every man is like the moon --- and has his dark side. I too have a dark side, and I had better watch it. Both here in the Fantastic Forum and in the world outside, which the Fantastic Forum is increasingly coming to resemble... <SIGH>

Damian and Linnea, I am very sorry if you are suffering; and I am even sorrier if anything that I have ever said here in the Fantastic Forum has added to your pain. But I have been hurt very badly by life in several respects, and as Somerset Maugham knew well, suffering does not ennoble the sufferer. I have a deep anger within me, and under certain circumstances, it can be lethal in its effects. Properly channelled, it can speak truth for power; but when the safety lock is off, it can spew destruction like a flame-thrower. The older that I get, the more deeply I fear my anger. And, yes, I do have to watch myself in the Fantastic Forum. Especially here...

Yes, I think that, collectively, we need to get a grip on things. I especially... <SIGH>

Regards and best wishes to you all, brothers and sisters,

Joe Quinn
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

SvladCjelli

where's the beef?

Post by SvladCjelli » 10-10-2003 02:09 PM

Sorry, did I miss something? What's the hoopla?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 10-10-2003 03:25 PM

YAY
I noticed the last time Art came back caused a big change here.
It appears to be the same this time as well only with a different trigger. It's almost as if it's more fun wishing him back than him actually being on the air.
aahhh,,, the mystery is gone, no more clues and secret messages
:(
And George is alright for noobs;)
Shoot,, for noobs it won't take a whole any way.
I used to be a nood too
ya know,we all were
including Art Bell.

TGIF
:p

theWAVE
Pirate

Post by theWAVE » 10-10-2003 10:27 PM

Good Topic Desert of the Sea..
Swimmbadd, you also have a good point, about Art.. the anticipation-
the waiting, it was kinda like when we were lil' kids at Christmas- all those presents under the tree' just waiting for the moment' :), and when it was all over' ... well .. the toys and stuff were there, but the anticipation, the excitement was gone..

So maybe we just had somewhat of a let down.. Not saying Art is a let down. But the long wait was over..

And with all the excitement, there came a boat load of posters..
Well, like i say, when two or more arrr' gathered... :)... There's bound to be difference of opinions..
And there were' plenty of them..
And tempers were raised.." Sh!t Happens..

But now... is a good time, to make the best of it, hey why not.

ps.. Joe Quinn... i do know what you mean... and that's another whole new ball of wax.
But you do just fine, dancing on the edge' your very good at that.. :D, thank God'

tiffany
Pirate

Well dare I???

Post by tiffany » 10-10-2003 11:10 PM

Comments were made that were hurtful and mean spirited that is what happened. It started out about GN's possible improvement and turned into personal attacks from one poster to another and escalated from there. It was not about GN. It was about behavior towards fellow posters. I read the whole thread again today to really look at the issues since I was the author and feel bad about starting the thread from hell.

I'm glad that thread was closed. When we speak to one another maybe we should think of how we would feel if the shoe was on the other foot, before we make that comment or thought. Also if we are angry maybe a little time should pass before posting.

If these things were noted by all of us, I think things would run smoothly, even with our difference of opinions.

It's about respect for one another, not just our opinions but as fellow human beings.

theWAVE
Pirate

Post by theWAVE » 10-10-2003 11:26 PM

Tiff'... You are exactly right on. Thank you.

ps.. you had the nerve to read that whole thread again.. Wow!
Sure glad that there is a lock on that door.

theWAVE
Pirate

Post by theWAVE » 10-10-2003 11:32 PM

And very hopefully not to open another one..
but it's like looking at the survivers of a ship wreck, almost..
I guess now we know why alot of pirates have a leg missing or an eye... We is a something else at times .. hey maties.."

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 10-10-2003 11:41 PM

Agreeing w/ theWave here, Tiffany. You are right on. :)

And you REALLY need to let go of any un-necessary guilt over starting that thread. You didn't start it with the intentions of it heading the direction it did.

(((Tiffany)))

tiffany
Pirate

Cindy/Wave

Post by tiffany » 10-10-2003 11:49 PM

Thanks Wave, appreciate you for your comments.

Cindy, I'm okay with it just glad the darn thread is locked. It had a life of it's own. Scary............

Thanks for the hug ....... back atcha (((((((Cindy)))))))))

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 10-10-2003 11:56 PM

CindyLouWho wrote:

And you REALLY need to let go of any un-necessary guilt over starting that thread. You didn't start it with the intentions of it heading the direction it did.

CindyLouWho is right Tiffany. There is no reason for you to feel badly. Your posts were well intended, others took the thread in a much different direction..
racehorse

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-11-2003 12:00 AM

{{{Tiffany}}} I'm in agreement with jeri, Cindy, and racehorse... not your fault AT ALL.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

tiffany
Pirate

Racehorse

Post by tiffany » 10-11-2003 12:01 AM

Thank you, you are a very nice pirate you know:)

tiffany
Pirate

Joolz`

Post by tiffany » 10-11-2003 12:02 AM

(((((((((((((Joolz))))))))))))))

Well we now have a governator..................

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”