PiratePix Gallery

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

PiratePix Gallery

Post by Dale O Sea » 09-24-2003 05:35 PM

I want to take a little time to thank all of the pirates that have contributed their mugshots to The PiratePix Gallery. We've got 17 smiling faces on this wall of fame as of this posting. :cool: There's buccaneers and bucan-ettes from every corner of this great ship...even a couple or three of our favorite moderators! This is the place to go if you want to put a face with that post. I know that's one of my favorite aspects of the PiratePix Gallery.

I would also like to take a second thank RevisedCode and Linnea for making this gallery and all of the other fantastic features of this forum possible. Without them none of this would be here and we'd have to go to one of those other crappy Art Bell/C2C boards. I've looked at a couple of them and crappy is too kind for some. None come close to the ORR.

If you want to have your picture posted just email it to me at [email protected] and I'll put it up as soon as I can. Be sure and tell me of any caption or description you'd like with it. Don't confuse our Fantastic Forum PiratePix Gallery with dollarmtn's PirateCams! web site. It is very cool too and is set up for posting your webcam pics. I don't have a webcam myself but my scary mug is up there. Just PM dollarmtn for more info or see the original webcam thread here.

Another note: When viewing the PiratePix Gallery click on those thumbnails because most are just a small part of the entire picture. When you get to the full size pic there's a place to post your comments below it. I enjoy your comments and appreciate any feedback you have.

Dig up those pictures, mates! Aaaaarrrrhh! ]

lrs
Pirate

Post by lrs » 09-24-2003 07:17 PM

All of this is so great. To finally be able to associate Names with Faces. And what a level of trust we must share here, that we feel comfortable posting our pictures.

Thanks for this. I love the gallery.
lrs

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 10-16-2003 05:37 AM

I just thought I'd jump on here and say that while the forums were being moved I took the opportunity to spruce up and reorganize our PiratePix Gallery.

I also took some time to redecorate my Dale's Pix Gallery. I also added a few more pix.

EDIT: I guess Dale's Pix Gallery was reset or something? All of the changes I made and photos I uploaded were lost. I'll probably wait for the seas to calm before I re-redo it, tho. :) D

I truly appreciate all comments and feedback. If you need anything at all just email or PM me or post a comment here or there is also good place for comments for/about each picture in the galleries. Thanks again to all that participate. :)

I'm not the only pirate with pictures in the galleries. Spike Mike, RevisedCode, CaptKundalini, TABWebmaster and more all have galleries there. Come check it out. :D

Dale
Last edited by Dale O Sea on 10-16-2003 03:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-16-2003 02:26 PM

Hey dale! It's lookin' good! I just wanted to let ya know that I'm getting an error message at the top of the page. Everything seems to load fine, though -- so far as I can tell. The error message reads:

Warning: fopen(/home/fantasti/public_html/albums/PiratePix/photos.dat.lock): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/fantasti/public_html/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 53
Error: Could not open lock file (/home/fantasti/public_html/albums/PiratePix/photos.dat.lock)!
Warning: fopen(/home/fantasti/public_html/albums/PiratePix/album.dat.lock): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/fantasti/public_html/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 53
Error: Could not open lock file (/home/fantasti/public_html/albums/PiratePix/album.dat.lock)!
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 10-16-2003 02:55 PM

I saw that Joolz. I don't know what that's about. It seems to be effecting all of the galleries. If you refresh or leave and return it seems ok. It happened to me at about 5am this morning and wasn't doing it before the forums were back online. I assume it has to do with the reintegration of the forum HD? I'm hoping it will stop in time. I'm sure their busy tying up loose threads as we speak. I guess just hit refresh or ignore the error messages is the only 'remedy' I can think of for now. If it persists past today I shall inform RC. Thanks for the heads-up. :) D
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

lrs
Pirate

Post by lrs » 10-16-2003 07:23 PM

I got that warning too -- if that's important -- but it downloaded anyway. Perhaps that helps?

I'd just like to say this:

With some, you get a bad misconception, until you see their smiling, real, beautiful faces. Then everything suddenly changes, and you have a new respect. With others,who you ALWAYS liked, they look how you expected they would look, and you feel re-afffirmed .

In the end, it's a great thing.

I can't tell you what this thread means to me, Dale. Thanks.

Pretty good lot, I say. And geez. I had no idea there were so many cute guys posting to this Forum.

Of course, they're all married. :o

lrs

Captain Fantastic
DREAD PIRATE

Post by Captain Fantastic » 10-16-2003 10:09 PM

RC is aware of the error messages in the FF Gallery. Rather than fix a gazillion lines of code, he will reload the galleries. It will take a lot of time. No time to do this project now.

We are also getting about 60 error emails an hour from the v-bulletin. RC believes probable solution is to do the v-bulletin upgrade, but this requires the forum be closed and 3-5 hours of work as well. We are aware of most of the problems, and none of them was supposed to happen. We purchase, on a monthly basis, a separate block of IPs - so the transferring of domians to the new location was not supposed to effect the websites and forum as it has. As it takes about 24-48 hours for domains to re-propagate - we think the FF may be trying to write to 2 separate domain servers! RC is very under the weather as well, and very busy. Send good vibes. ;) - and thanks for your patience.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-16-2003 10:17 PM

We are also getting about 60 error emails an hour from the v-bulletin. RC believes probable solution is to do the v-bulletin upgrade, but this requires the forum be closed and 3-5 hours of work as well. We are aware of most of the problems, and none of them was supposed to happen. We purchase, on a monthly basis, a separate block of IPs - so the transferring of domians to the new location was not supposed to effect the websites and forum as it has. As it takes about 24-48 hours for domains to re-propagate - we think the FF may be trying to write to 2 separate domain servers! RC is very under the weather as well, and very busy. Send good vibes. ;) - and thanks for your patience.
Hey there, Cap'n... I hopes ya don't think anything I've said was meant as complaints. T'weren't the case! ;) The "not supposed to happen" caught my attention... what a drag. I'm sorry. In fact, all of the above sounds like a real bummer for you guys. :(

Patience we've got, methinks... along with a whole lotta gratitude for all the hard work you guys do for we pirates.

Healing energy being sent to RC... and tons of good vibes for all...
and hugs all 'round... :)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 10-16-2003 10:23 PM

Thanks, Captain. I'm glad I waited to report these errors. I thought you all had an idea there were problems. If it's any help and information you can use -- this symptom did not show until after the board was back up. The galleries and other areas of the ship were fine and stable.

RC - take care of yourself and don't stress on this. I'm sure all will work out. Hell, if the galleries had to be reset and we lost everything I'd be cool cuz I got all of the pix on my HD. Just re-up it and go. I suggest a little R&R then get a fresh start.

If there is anyway I can help in this please ask. :)

Captain Fantastic
DREAD PIRATE

Post by Captain Fantastic » 10-16-2003 10:25 PM

Joolz - you guys have been great. :) ... concerned and very patient. We appreciate the feedback! Sorry, Dale - I am really off topic - sort of - here in your Pirate Gallery thread. We're going to throw a hell of a party, when all is shipshape again. All the galleries are great! If RC was not so ill - he would have been up all night patching things up. This is the 7th or 8th leap into the possible void this ship has made - I think it's been that many. :D If it all goes boom boom ba - we'll still be back. Hang in there and thanks, Joolz.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 10-16-2003 10:48 PM

Captain Fantastic wrote: Send good vibes. ;)

Sending good thoughts.:)
racehorse

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-16-2003 11:00 PM

With some, you get a bad misconception, until you see their smiling, real, beautiful faces. Then everything suddenly changes, and you have a new respect. With others,who you ALWAYS liked, they look how you expected they would look, and you feel re-afffirmed .
'Tis true! I also absolutely LOVE being able to put faces with the names! Now... we need one of YOU in there, too, lrs!!! And the rest of you pirates, get your mugs in there! (I know there's a great pic of mudwoman on deck somewhere... hint hint... send that pic to dale, mudwoman!) C'mon you guys! Send dale those pix!

(There's a surprise under that pic of me n Corvid if ya click on it... just cuz I don't really look like I did in that pic w/Corvid now... Corvid's still the same... ornery red-headed Irishmen never change, methinks...)
:D ;) :eek: :p
And geez. I had no idea there were so many cute guys posting to this Forum.

:D, lrs!

Thanks for the gallery, dale!

We love it! (and you)

And Cap'n... yer welcome. Thank YOU. :)
Last edited by Joolz on 10-16-2003 11:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 10-16-2003 11:30 PM

Joolz, you are more than welcome. :) If you want me to re-frame that thumbnail I can but that is 'the shot'. I painstakingly re-framed all the thumbs cuz the thumbs are just supposed to be a representation of the full picture. The thumbnails are 150 pixels and the full pic is at the very least 300 px and most are 640+. If you go to either of my galleries and do not click on the thumbnail then you are missing out on a lot. I didn't do this to cause visitors a hassle or generate clicks, though you do get counted for each pic or album you visit. I did it to encourage visitors to see the full image, which is what most expect to see anyway, I think.

Mudwoman and others with pictures online. I will post an existing online picture if you request it. But only if you ask. All pictures in the gallery were posted by request only. I don't go and dig up pix and post them. Maryals is a good example. I have a couple of her but none in the gallery because she hasn't requested it. If she wants her mug up there she will only have to give the nod and it's up. :)

The same goes if you want your pic removed. Just let me know and I'll pull it down. Hell if you want me to Photoshop you into a funny scene or whatever give me some specifics, preferably with the picture you want your image inserted into and I'll do my best to make it so. But it's like lrs said. This gallery is so we can see and know each other a bit better. Adds life to the post. I think some people (and trolls) forget that these are real people's thoughts, opinions and feelings posted here.

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 10-17-2003 03:36 AM

lrs wrote: I got that warning too -- if that's important -- but it downloaded anyway. Perhaps that helps?

I'd just like to say this:

In the end, it's a great thing.

I can't tell you what this thread means to me, Dale. Thanks.

Pretty good lot, I say. And geez. I had no idea there were so many cute guys posting to this Forum.

lrs

not me :D

Captain Fantastic
DREAD PIRATE

New FF Gallery

Post by Captain Fantastic » 10-22-2003 10:10 PM

RC has configured a new FF Gallery - and Dale, Mark, Scott and RC are working on getting the new one set up. When it's all ready to rock n'roll - RC will link it up.

If any of youse pirates have any pics for the new PiratePix Gallery - email them to Dale. Are you dressing up for Halloween? Got any pics to share? Send them in to Dale. Be patient though - he's got to re-build from scratch. :( Sorry 'bout that Dale. We love the gallery, and appreciate all your work to bring it to us!

Shout out to Capt Kundalini! What is your current email address? Need to send you your new gallery password and the link to the new gallery url. .... send to: [email protected]

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”