FAN-TASTIC HOME

carpenoctem

Solar X-rays:
Status
Status

Team Art Bell Rules

CQ CQ...From The Cyber Seas on the Pirate Ship FANTASTIC
To the high desert....and Back!

Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum Members: 5,802 | Threads: 38,119 | Posts: 426,429 
Your User Control Panel.Register.Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum Calendar.Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum Members ListFantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum Frequently Asked Questions.Search Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum.
Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum > ON THE AIR ~ AM/FM/XM RADIO > Art Bell/The New Frontier > Art's DST rants
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Art's DST rants On: 03-08-2014 At: 09:03 PM
MeesterCranky
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 1

been looking everywhere for sound files of Art having one of his hilarious anti-Daylight Savings Time rants to no avail... anyone know where one might be?

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."
Voltaire

Click Here to See the Profile for MeesterCranky Click here to Send MeesterCranky a Private Message Visit MeesterCranky's homepage! Find more posts by MeesterCranky Add MeesterCranky to your buddy list

On: 03-08-2014 At: 09:49 PM
Fan
Lady with a

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 2

You would think it would be on youtube but I can't turn up anything either. I guess one way would be to try and find old shows happening on the right date since he would basically talk about it every show for a week leading up to it, having to go reset his hundreds of clocks etc ...

--------------------
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Click Here to See the Profile for Fan Click here to Send Fan a Private Message Visit Fan's homepage! Find more posts by Fan Add Fan to your buddy list

On: 03-08-2014 At: 10:12 PM
MeesterCranky
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 3

yeah I've looked, got a lot of shows but trying to find one where he did this is guessing game. Looked up dates DST occurred and don't seem to have any that fall on those dates.

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."
Voltaire

Click Here to See the Profile for MeesterCranky Click here to Send MeesterCranky a Private Message Visit MeesterCranky's homepage! Find more posts by MeesterCranky Add MeesterCranky to your buddy list

"It's Madness With No Excuse!" On: 03-08-2014 At: 11:58 PM
Riddick
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 4

These shows supposedly have Art anti-DST rants

04-08-2002 Guest: Russell Targ
http://www.interbug.com/radio/s.cgi?id=671

11-02-2003 Guest: John Lear
http://www.garnetchaney.com/art_bell_show_digest.shtml

If anyone actually finds one or more clips, would you please do post any or all of 'em here? TIA!

This post was last edited by: Riddick on 03-09-2014 at 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick Click here to Send Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Riddick Add Riddick to your buddy list

On: 03-09-2014 At: 12:09 AM
Fan
Lady with a

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 5

I have put up all the shows I have from those dates here https://mega.co.nz/#F!4QkDzLSL!fpsEiERaVj0OY7sLH6VwzQ it is still uploading, so give it 10 mins.

I don't have time to listen through it but if someone finds me a timecode I can rip out the cip for you if you want.

--------------------
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Click Here to See the Profile for Fan Click here to Send Fan a Private Message Visit Fan's homepage! Find more posts by Fan Add Fan to your buddy list

On: 03-09-2014 At: 06:59 PM
Riddick
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 6

quote:
Originally posted by Fan
he would basically talk about it every show for a week leading up to it, having to go reset his hundreds of clocks etc ...
Even so much as Art liked blowing off steam about it, and venting provided some therapeudic value over the issue, how bad is it really?

Sure, the idea of DST starting again every year isn't much fun if you have a lot of clocks to reset - BUT in the end and all's said and done, is it anything to lose sleep over?

Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick Click here to Send Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Riddick Add Riddick to your buddy list

On: 03-10-2014 At: 05:15 AM
SquidInk

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 7

quote:
Originally posted by Riddick
BUT in the end and all's said and done, is it anything to lose sleep over?
Bwaahahahaha! Riddick... dude... you sleigh me.

--------------------
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

This post was last edited by: SquidInk on 03-10-2014 at 05:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SquidInk Click here to Send SquidInk a Private Message Find more posts by SquidInk Add SquidInk to your buddy list